SIGNATURE VERIFICATION SYSTEM – JOHNSON A. OKUNADE
- Through ages, signature has been a distinguishing feature for human individual identification. Each individual has his own signature different from others. This makes it the most suitable means of identification. Human signature remains a perfect biometric measure of a person’s identification
- Many business applications (e.g. E-banking) depend on signatures since using biometrics is the only way to pledge the presence of the owner when a transaction is made, but this widely used method of verification has been used deceitfully over the years for personal gains by unauthorized personnel.
- For this Signature Verification System, 3 Signatures each from160 users were acquired using a digitizing tablet and pen. The features of the acquired digitized signatures were used to form a model that verifies signatures accurately.
- An effective, reliable and efficient Signature Verification System was developed without the flaws in the existing systems using MATLAB.
- This eBook contains detailed research work on Signature Verification System. Dataset also included.